Recipe: An Icy Watermelon Granita with the Sweetness of Honey
- 1/4 large watermelon
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Fresh lime or lemon slices to serve
- Fresh mint leaves to serve
- Remove the peel and seeds of the watermelon.
- Roughly chop the watermelon into chunks. It should equal about five cups.
- Place in a food processer or blender and pulse until until it reaches a thin, even consistency.
- Add the honey and lime juice. Continue to pulse until combined.
- Feel free to taste and add more honey or lime juice as desired.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof baking dish or ice-cream tub and freeze for about two to three hours.
- Remove and scrape at the surface and frozen sides with the prongs of a fork. Return to freezer. Repeat this process of scraping and freezing, every few hours, until the mixture is completely frozen and snow like.
- Serve in parfait glasses, garnished with thin slices of lime/lemon and mint leaves